Strategic Partnerships Lead
The Institute for Research on Public Policy (IRPP), one of Canada’s most trusted and influential think tanks, is seeking a Strategic Partnerships Lead, for a two-year contract with potential for renewal.
The IRPP is an independent organization that supports evidence-based policy-making and constructive dialogue. It fulfills its mission through a variety of activities, including high-quality in-depth research publications, events, its digital magazine Policy Options, and through the work of its Centre of Excellence on the Canadian Federation.
The Institute collaborates with many external partners across the public and private sectors, and with philanthropic organizations. Funds raised through those partnerships help the Institute to undertake ambitious public policy research, ultimately aimed at improving the lives of Canadians.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the President, and working closely with members of the executive team, the Strategic Partnerships Lead will be responsible for:
- Identifying, cultivating and maintaining strategic partnerships and collaborations with a range of external organizations
- Leading the development of sponsorship opportunities and packages related to IRPP’s different research activities, Policy Options magazine, the Centre of Excellence on the Canadian Federation, as well as for podcasts, newsletters and events
- Developing leads for advertising in Policy Options magazine and Institute newsletters
- Leading and/or assisting IRPP staff with funding applications
- Overseeing the use of a Customer Relations Management (CRM) system and developing initiatives to maintain positive ties with the IRPP’s broad community
- Writing materials associated with proposals and agreements
- Ensuring all partnerships and advertising align with the IRPP’s mission and values, particularly its commitment to research independence.
Required skills and experience
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution
- At least five years of experience in public relations, fundraising, advertising sales, strategic engagement or another recognized field
- Excellent knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present proposals to individuals and groups
- Strong written communication skills
- Track record of converting potential leads into partnerships through financial contributions, contracts, or sponsorships
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with funders and other external stakeholders
- General knowledge and awareness of Canadian public policy issues and debates
- Ability to read and understand English and French, as meetings are held in both languages
- Experience working and collaborating on projects in a team environment
Skills and experience that would be considered an asset
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equity, diversity and inclusion principles
- An established network within Canada’s corporate community
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge CRM platform
- Experience working with federal and provincial government contracts
- Ability to speak fluently in French and English.
Working at the IRPP
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial work culture that is rooted in creativity, inclusivity, and flexibility. We thrive on the exchange of ideas, both internally and with external partners.
The IRPP is a hybrid workplace based in downtown Montreal. Applicants should be based in the Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto areas, and be willing to travel for in-person meetings with colleagues and external partners.
The IRPP is committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse staff. We encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized persons; 2SLGBTQIA+ persons; and Canadians living with disabilities. Please let us know if you have accommodation requirements to facilitate participation in the selection process by reaching out to us at the email address below.
Candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae by e-mail to email@example.com, no later than 5 p.m. ET April 10, 2023.
The salary range is $75,000 to $90,000 per year plus health benefits and group RRSP.
The position will be filled on a two-year contract basis, with potential for renewal.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Contact to schedule interviews will be made before April 21, 2023.