Workshop/Book Launch – Canadian Trade Policy at a Risky Crossroads: Navigating New Global RealitiesMay 11th, 2017
OTTAWA – Members of the media are invited to attend the launch of Redesigning Canadian Trade Policies for New Global Realities, a collected volume published by the Institute for Research on Public Policy (IRPP).
The collection is the result of a multi-year, interdisciplinary research initiative. The authors, over 30 experts from eight different countries, analyze how structural changes and emerging trends in international commerce, technology and economic power are affecting Canada, and what these changes mean for public policy.
This two-part book launch will take place on Tuesday, May 16, at the Rideau Club, in Ottawa. First, in a workshop from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., special guest John Manley will set the context for the presentations, and the volume’s editors will present the book’s main findings and policy recommendations. A lively panel discussion will follow, moderated by Policy Options editor-in-chief, Jennifer Ditchburn. Then, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., there will be a formal reception.
- John Manley, President and CEO, Business Council of Canada
- Stephen Tapp, Research Director, IRPP
- Ari Van Assche, Associate Professor, Department of International Business, HEC Montréal
- Robert Wolfe, Professor, School of Policy Studies, Queen’s University
- Ailish Campbell, Chief Trade Commissioner, Global Affairs Canada
- Madelaine Drohan, Canada Correspondent, the Economist
- Jennifer Ditchburn, Editor-in-Chief, Policy Options
What: “Canadian Trade Policy at a Risky Crossroads: Navigating New Global Realities”
When: May 16, 2017 (workshop: 3:00-5:00 p.m., reception: 5:00-7:00 p.m.)
Where: Rideau Club, 99 Bank Street, 15th floor, Ottawa
Media contact: Shirley Cardenas tel. 514-594-6877 email@example.com
The IRPP is an independent, national, bilingual, not-for-profit organization based in Montreal. To receive updates from the IRPP, please subscribe to our e-mail list.