We’re hiring: Web Assistant
The Institute for Research on Public Policy (IRPP) is looking for a Web Assistant to join its communications team and to help maintain and enhance its online presence. This is a full-time position based in Montreal.
- Maintaining and updating the IRPP’s websites (irpp.org and policyoptions.irpp.org ) using Word Press and other tools
- Liaising with team members to ensure online content is updated daily
- Monitoring new and existing web content to ensure it is consistent with style guidelines
- Designing graphics and editing photos for display on the web
- Managing the technical aspects of producing webinars
- Managing inventory of web advertisements using AdButler ad server
- Transferring content from archives to current website
- Producing weekly reports on site traffic and social media performance
- Providing occasional support on creative content projects and social media
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the web and standard conventions, demonstrate attention to detail and be able to manage competing priorities. The person must be able to work effectively in both French and English, have strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment. A background in web/graphic design or journalism/communications is preferred.
The following skills are required: content management (Word Press), photo editing (Adobe Photo Shop) and graphic design (Adobe Illustrator and In Design). In addition to an interest in public policy, video editing, animation and camera operation skills are an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with education and relevant work experience.
Please submit a letter of application, salary expectations and curriculum vitae by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, April 27, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.